So on my first day of vacation I had to bring my car in to the nearest dealership for a few recalls. The nearest dealership is 30+ minutes away. I had made my appointment for 7 am because I didn’t want to deviate too far from my regular sleep schedule for work. So I set my alarm for 5:30 to give me plenty of time to get up, have some breakfast and make it to the dealership for my appointment. Everything would have been okay, but instead of hitting the snooze button I hit the cancel button! And of course fell back asleep. I woke up with a start at 6:50 am and burst out of bed! Threw some clothes on, fed the cats and then we hit the road. Ethan was nice enough to come with me. On the way up I had him call the service advisor to let him know we would be about 30 minutes late. He said no problem. Then we get there and are advised that there was one more additional recall that would take 2 hours. They offered us a car to drive around but I brought a book to read and E brought some homework so we decided to just stay around.
Then the inevitable happened… He comes out to tell me that they tested my battery and that they highly recommend replacing it before winter arrives. $140 with parts and labor. I passed on it this time. My car is not even 4 years old! So we had arrived at the dealership almost exactly at 7:30 and we didn’t get to leave until after 12pm. Much too long. When we were waiting I had received a code for BOGO Leeann Chin. I persuaded E that we should get that for lunch. I will admit that I had ulterior motives for going there…. A few doors away is my favorite store in the world…. HALF PRICE BOOKS!! I bet you were wondering if I was ever going to get to anything book related. E wanted to get home but I promised him I would only look at the clearance section.
I wasn’t expecting to find much but I walked out with 5 books!
- Dark Witch by Nora Roberts: This one I already have on my Kindle but we all know that a physical copy is so much better. I really liked this new trilogy of hers so I just had to have it. I am super excited for the third book to come out which either already happened and I missed or should be happening soon. Note to self… check Amazon. Anyways… if you like Ireland, witches and magic, check this series out. Name of the trilogy is The Cousins O’Dwyer.
- Virgin Earth by Philippa Gregory: One of my favorite authors. I own almost all of her books and this one puts me one step closer. It is the prequel to one of the books I already own, Earthly Joys.
- Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson: This is one I read a few times while growing up. Written by the same author as the book Speak.
- Queen’s Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle: I am a big collector of books about Henry VIII and his wives. So this one I saw and had to get! This one is a novel about Henry’s last wife, Katherine Parr. Not too many people write about the wives after Anne Boleyn.
- The House At Riverton by Kate Morton: I just bought another of hers at the HPB clearance sale. I’ve always wanted to read them.
So even after a bad morning, I got to do some book shopping so that made it much better!