Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week is a new topic/theme. This week’s theme is Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike About Romances in Books.
- Slow build – characters who may not like each other at first but slowly as they get to know each other begin to have feelings. Example: Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet
- Best friends turned lovers – as long as it’s a real kind of love and not some stupid friends with benefits situation. Example: Emma and Mr. Knightley
- Imperfections – nobody is perfect, especially when it comes to relationships. Example: Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler
- Sweet gestures – small things that show love and caring, nothing overboard.
- Swoon-worthy male characters – I would say this is pretty self-explanatory. Examples: Mr. Darcy, Noah Calhoun, Jamie Fraser
- Insta-love – too unrealistic and cheesy… no thank you.
- Cheating – this is just unacceptable. I don’t like it in real life so I certainly don’t want to read about it.
- Grand gestures – too cliche and boring. *YAWN*
- Unrequited love – too depressing, nothing romantic about it.
- Dangerous/abusive relationships – same reasoning for dislike #2…