To help celebrate National Library Week (April 12-18, 2015) I am going to participate in a fun month long challenge hosted by Stefani @ Caught Read Handed and Amy @ Read What I Like! The #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge will last for the entire month of April.
Here are some of the guidelines for the challenge:
- The #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge will run from Wednesday, April 1 – Thursday, April 30, 2015.
- You only have to read ONE (1) book to participate in the challenge! If you happen to read more, it just means more chances for you to win the #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge giveaway! You get an extra entry for every FIVE (5) books you read over that initial ONE (1).
- There will be HUGE library scavenger hunt that will run from April 15 – 30 which will include its own giveaway.
- There is no required amount of time you must spend reading, commenting, tweeting, etc. The scavenger hunt and giveaways are all optional.
- We would LOVE if you shared your TBRs, current reads, library recommendations, library pictures, or really ANYTHING you want to share about your library using the hashtag #ReadingMyLibrary!
I’m going to participate as much as possible but might have a little bit of a struggle due to an awesome thing happening in my town! The city has decided to EXPAND our library! So cool. I’m not sure when the construction will start but I know that when it does, there will only be a small selection available at City Hall while everything else goes in storage. They don’t have any dates available yet for the start of construction, just sometime in the spring. Here’s the article in my town’s local newspaper about the expansion!
Celebrate your local library by joining in on this challenge!
UPDATE: After doing some digging on my lunch break I found out that the library plans to start construction April 13th and won’t be opening the temporary location until June 1st. So that doesn’t leave me much time to read a library book haha. Construction is scheduled to end September 25th with them moving back in through October 9th.
I plan on heading downtown this weekend to take some “before” photos and do a post sometime in April with some of the details of the renovation!