Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top 10 Books From My Childhood (Or teen years) That I Would Love To Revisit.
There are so many books from my childhood that I would love to revisit. Some of the more obvious ones include Harry Potter and Anne of Green Gables. As I was making the list for this week, I found myself thinking of just one more so many times… my list was getting a little long. I am only going to do ten today despite the fact that I have more than ten on my list.
1. Dear America series – I LOVED this series so much! I still have all of mine and I’ve been working on collecting them all. The photo shows three of my favorites!
2. Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder – This was definitely a staple in my childhood. Loved this books so much.
3. Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine – These books were awesome! So spooky and the covers were so cool, too!
4. Dove and Sword by Nancy Garden – I loved reading historical books so this version of Joan of Arc has always been one of my favorite books. I’ve read it so many times!
5. The Face on the Milk Carton series by Caroline B. Cooney – I read a lot by this author but this was my favorite series by her.
6. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry – This will always be one of my favorites. Sparked my interest in tales of WWII and the Holocaust.
7. Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry – My love of horses was born from reading these books. I wanted to travel there so badly to see the wild horses, too!
8. Save Queen of Sheba by Louise Moeri – This book was one of the books we read aloud in my 4th grade class. Love the wild west and this fits in perfectly with that.
9. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt – It’s been so long since I’ve read this one. I always wondered what I would do if I were in Winnie Foster’s place.
10. Absolutely Normal Chaos, Chasing Redbird and Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech – I couldn’t choose just one of her books because I love all three of these.
What are some of your favorite books from your childhood?
Find any of these books at The Book Depository!