I’m back this week with another Top Ten Tuesday! I skipped last week because I forgot about it until the last minute and didn’t have time to search for ten of my favorite quotes.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors.
- Jane Austen – I love each and every one of her books, especially Mansfield Park and Pride & Prejudice
- Diana Gabaldon – I have totally fallen in love with the Outlander series! I have all of the books and would like to also read the Lord John Grey books.
- Robert Jordan – The Wheel of Time has been one of my favorite series for over 10 years now. They have been a huge part of my life and honorable mention goes to Brandon Sanderson for completely the series after Jordan passed away.
- J.K. Rowling – I would have to say this is a pretty obvious one. Who doesn’t love Harry Potter?!?!?! But I also enjoyed The Casual Vacancy!
- Margaret Mitchell – Gone With The Wind will always be one of my favorites. Scarlett and Rhett are some of my favorite characters ever created.
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Lord of the Rings series is the reason I fell in love with the fantasy genre!
- L.M. Montgomery – Growing up Anne of Green Gables was a huge part of my life. Love the characters and setting, especially Anne Shirley. She was my role model.
- Philippa Gregory – Before I read any of her books I enjoyed reading historical fiction but her books brought it to a whole other level.
- Amy A. Bartol – I can’t even remember how I came across her first series, The Premonition series, because it isn’t very widely known about but I immediately fell in love with it and devoured all of the books available. I am still eagerly awaiting the 5th book of the series. I also really enjoy the Kricket series.
- George R.R. Martin – I saw the HBO show before I read the books but everything about the books impressed me. No character is safe in his hands so it really keeps you on your toes.
Who are your favorite authors of all time?