Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
I can say without a doubt in my mind that I will never read these books. Some are just because I’ve had no interest, others are series that I did not like the first book at all and some just because I flat out refuse to read it.
- anything by Jodi Piccoult – I have never read a single book of hers and never will because I HATED the premise of My Sister’s Keeper. As a sibling of someone who had cancert, the whole idea of parents conceiving a child for the sole purpose of being a marrow donor for their first child just sickens me. No thank you!
- the rest of the Vampire Academy series – I read the first book a few months ago and was totally annoyed by both of the main characters. I have no desire to read any farther in the series.
- Percy Jackson series – I just have no interest in this series at all despite everyone else loving it. I’ll just stick with my beloved Harry Potter.
- The Selection series – the covers alone are enough to turn me off of this series. Each cover is just a photo of a different girl in a different ball gown…. What… No.
- the rest of the Dollanganger series – I read Flowers in the Attic and it was just too weird for me with the crazy grandmother and all the incest going on there.
- Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – I really enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures series but I’m not a fan of Link and Ridley so I really don’t have any desire to start this spin-off series.
- the rest of the Mortal Instruments series – I read City of Bones and it was just okay. I didn’t really connect with any of the characters and the storyline didn’t interest me enough to keep reading in the series. There have been so many times when I’ve seen City of Ashes in the store and decided not to get it, so I don’t think I will ever finish this series.
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel – No interest. The storyline sounds incredibly boring to me. I will not read the book nor will I see the movie. Don’t even try to convince me otherwise, it’s just not going to happen.
- Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen – Another one I really have no interest in. I’m not a huge fan of circuses to begin with. I’ve seen part of the movie and just couldn’t get into it.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I’m not exactly sure why I’ll never read this but there could be various factors in play. The hype, owning the movie for years but never having the desire to watch it… I don’t know, I just know that I will probably never read it.
What books will you probably never read and why?