Here is the sum total of all the books I got this month! Some new, some used, some to replace copies I already have… I wasn’t expecting to get this many books but I had some good lucky finding them all!
- White Fang by Jack London – I got this for free at the local clothes closet. Childhood classic.
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – I said in a post earlier this month that I would probably never read this series but it was only $0.50 at the clothes closet so I had to just get it and give it a try.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller – Another $0.50 find at the clothes closet. It has been over a decade since I read this book.
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory – I bought this copy to replace the copy I have. I had the movie cover edition but I hate having the movie cover editions. This one now matches all of the other copies I have in the series and it was only $1 at the clothes closet.
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen – When I was in high school I bought all of the Jane Austen books (except Mansfield Park because it was out) in the Dover Thrift editions. They are super ugly. For my 18th birthday my best friend got me Mansfield Park in the Modern Library Classics edition and I loved it! So now I’m working to get all of the books in the MLC editions.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – Same as the reason for Northanger Abbey.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I read this for the Reading My Library challenge and loved it so much I HAD to have it.
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – Such a gorgeous cover and a very interesting synopsis… no brainer.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I spent a couple of weeks walking into Target and staring at this one on the shelf but not getting it. Finally, on Saturday I gave in.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – I borrowed this ebook from my library and absolutely adored it so I had to get it.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I’ve been on hold at my library for this book FOREVER and I couldn’t wait any longer.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I’ve heard awesome things about this book and it was on a really good sale on Amazon.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – So many people are going on and on about this book so I had to get this.
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – Loved Throne of Glass so I couldn’t wait to get the next book in the series.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Another book read for the Reading My Library challenge that I loved.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – My library and the other libraries in my network don’t have this one and I really really really want to read it.
- Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon – I scored two of the Lord John books at the hospital book sale so I had to get the first book.
- The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon – I’m just so in love with Diana Gabaldon so this was an obvious choice.