Hey everyone! I was tagged by Ashley @ Dear World… to do the I Am More Happy Than Not Tag which was adapted by Shelumiel @ Bookish and Awesome as a companion to Adam Silvera’s upcoming novel More Happy Than Not. I’ve heard lots of great things about this book so I’m looking forward to reading it when I get a chance.
For this tag you just have to highlight ways you’ve been able to express happiness from the things—big and small—in your life.
I AM MORE HAPPY THAN NOT WHEN…
- I discover a new-to-me band. My most recent discovery was the band PVRIS. One of my brother’s best friends is an amazing photographer (check out his website and/or Instagram) and he gets to travel around photographing bands all over the world. One day he posted a kickass photo of the lead singer of this band and I had to check them out. If you haven’t heard of PVRIS, go check them out right now!
- Seeing my favorite bands live. I’ve been fortunate enough to see many of my favorite bands live in concert ever since I was in middle school with my first pop concert in 6th grade to see Backstreet Boys, seeing one of my favorite bands – Thirty Seconds to Mars – 4 times (and getting to meet the band!)
- My kitties are in a snuggly mood with me or each other. It’s so freaking adorable when they snuggle!
- Spending time up north at Lake Superior. Definitely one of my favorite places in the entire world. I’ll be heading up again tomorrow and I can’t wait!
- Getting fun mail whether it’s a letter or a new box of books!
- Walking into my favorite store in the world: Half Price Books and breathing in the smell of all the books.
- Spending quality time with my hubby. We see each other every day obviously but it makes me really happy when we take the time to do fun things together.
- I’m able to go hiking in the woods. Love being out on the trails and just spending some time in nature.
- Finding a great book I’ve been looking for at a great price!
- Spending time with my adorable goddaughter, Mia! She is hilarious and so stinking cute!
- Getting to see my little brother who lives far away in Chicago.
- Driving around with my favorite songs blaring on the stereo.
- Binge watching my favorite shows, especially if the hubby joins me. Some of my favorites include Supernatural, Gilmore Girls, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, True Blood and Outlander
- Introducing friends and/or family to a new book, movie, or show I think they would like.
- Traveling whether it’s a few hours from home or across the Atlantic. A couple of my favorite trips include a month long stint split between Italy and France, and a family road trip on the west coast.
- Having a fresh coat of nail polish. I love nail polish and used to have a giant collection. It always makes me sad when it gets chipped.
What are some of the things that make you more happy than not? I tag everyone to join in on this fun tag that gets you thinking about the things in your life that make you happy no matter how big or small they are 🙂