Hey everyone! I have been nominated a second time for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you so much to Bookloversblog for nominating me! I feel so honored 🙂 If you haven’t checked out her blog before, what are you waiting for?!?! GO! 😉
-Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
-Display the Sisterhood of The World icon on your blog.
-Answer the ten questions given by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 10 bloggers to do the award.
The Questions from Bookloversblog:
1. Do you DNF books? Or are you like me and find it really hard to, so you just push through to the end even if you hate the book and it takes you forever? — I never used to DNF a book but within the last year I started to. It’s really hard for me though. I try to give it until at least 40% of the book before I decide. My main reason for this is because there are SO many books I want to read so I don’t want to struggle to get through a book I don’t like when I could be moving on to a better book.
2. What movie can you watch over and over again and still love? — Wow… I definitely don’t have one answer for this one. After books, my next love is movies and I LOVE rewatching movies so I could easily go on and on. I’ll just name a few: Gone With the Wind, Pride & Prejudice (2005), Mansfield Park, Lord of the Rings, Anne of Green Gables, etc. Oddly enough, most of these are also some of my favorite books 🙂
3. Do you reread books? Why? Why not if you don’t? — Yes yes yes. I love to reread books. I feel like everytime I reread a book I discover something new or something I missed the last time I read it. Plus I also love to revisit characters and the worlds they live in.
4. What is the most shocking book ending you’ve ever read? (You can just say the book if you don’t want to get spoilery!) — This one was easy… I’m still struggling with the ending of Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
5. Is there a specific book that got you into reading? — Kind of a funny answer but the phone book. There is a photo of me as a toddler reading the phone book out loud in my play kitchen. My parents said I would “read” from it all the time. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember so I just trace it back to this photo. I always thought there was magic in the written word, even if it was just a list of people’s names and addresses 😉
6. What is your most hated book? Why? — Hmm I don’t really know how to answer this one. The one book that comes to mind is a book I haven’t even read. The plot of the story is just what I hate so I have refused to read this book and any other book written by this author. When my little brother was 16 he was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer with a 25% chance of survival. That was a very hard time in my family’s life. He beat those odds and survived, now age 24 and about to marry his college sweetheart. But just knowing first hand how rough it is to have a sibling go through cancer, I refuse to read My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. I really don’t like reading any books that involve childhood cancer but a book about a child conceived solely to be a bone marrow donor to her sister who has leukemia is one that I have absolutely no desire to read.
7. What was the last book that surprised you by how much you liked it? — Probably Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. It was our May book for book club but I was seriously thinking about just skipping that month because it honestly sounded a little boring to me. But I ended up really loving it!
8. Do you have a specific genre that you like to read from more than others? Or do you try a little bit of everything? Are there any genres you won’t read from? — There are a couple of genres I tend to gravitate towards but I do like to read a variety of genres from both adult and YA categories. My main favorites are historical fiction, fantasy, paranormal and non-fiction history.
9. If you could be any character from a book, who would you chose? — Probably Hermione Granger. In my opinion she is such a badass. Insanely clever and smart, incredible witch and she can even kick some ass when need be! And she also has two of the best friends anybody could ever ask for.
10. What is your favourite Disney movie? Random, I know, but I’m curious! — I’m always torn between two. The first Disney movie I ever saw in theaters at the age of almost 3 was The Little Mermaid and I totally love that movie. But I also love love Pocahontas.
So as I did last time, I’m going to leave it at that and not nominate anyone specifically because most everyone I know has already been nominated.