This award was originally created by Eve over at Edge of the Night
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
So here is the story of my blog! I had started blogging a couple of years ago with a general blog about my life and different things I was working on or doing. But I found myself posting mostly about the books I was reading and decided that I wanted to create a blog just for books. I wanted to get more involved, meet new people and help spread the word about great books, whether new or old. I struggled with finding a name for my blog. My husband actually came up with the name! I was getting mad because all of my ideas were taken and I asked him for help. The name comes from this bookmark I had purchased in 2009 when I was in Italy. You can read the full story behind the name in my first blog post here!
Now for some advice:
- Have fun with your blog! It can be a lot of work trying to keep up with blogging so you want to make sure you have fun with it. The whole point of starting my blog was to have fun discussing books with other people and sharing my love of books. If you’re tired of just reviewing books, look around for some of the fun book tags floating around the blogosphere.
- Connect with your fellow bloggers! It’s amazing how many people you are able to meet and from all over the world who share things in common with you! I’ve had a lot of fun blogging but some of the most fun comes from connecting and chatting with my blog friends.
I nominate the following people: