Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With.
- Nyx (Cruel Beauty): I just didn’t get on well with her, or the entire book for that matter. It was just bizarre and felt weird.
- Ringer (The Infinite Sea): She was such a harsh character and seemed to be too tough. I like having tough chicks in books but her toughness just felt unnatural like she was trying too hard.
- Elizabeth Grey (The Witch Hunter): I felt like she had zero common sense and that is a trait that drives me insane. I didn’t like the book either but her character just made me want to throw my Kindle across the room.
- Matthew Homes (Where the Moon Isn’t aka The Shock of the Fall): Yes, the poor guy had schizophrenia but I felt zero emotion towards his character.
- Cadence Sinclair Eastman (We Were Liars): Ugh she just annoyed me, along with all of the other characters in this book.
- Aza Ray Boyle (Magonia): Don’t even get me started on this whiny brat. I couldn’t even read more than a few pages in this book because of her constant whining and general bratiness. Yes she is allergic to air and that’s horrible. But come on. I’m not going to read a book where the main character spends most of her time complaining about everything and anything.
- Tariq (The Wrath and the Dawn): Spoiled son of one of the most powerful men in the country… Doesn’t listen to Shazi when she tries to tell him that they have been wrong about Khalid. Just wants to get her back even if she doesn’t want to go back to him. Not my kind of guy.
- Mal (The Grisha trilogy): I’m not really sure what it is about Mal but I haven’t really liked him even from the beginning of Shadow & Bone. He always just seems to be getting in the way of Alina and who she can be. And when she shines and does things he doesn’t want her to do, he acts like a petty child. I have been wanting Alina to be with anyone else (the Darkling or Nikolai).
- Cath Avery (Fangirl): I really liked Fangirl, but most of that had to do with Levi. I wasn’t really getting on too well with Cath. She seemed whiny and afraid to do anything involving real people or leaving her computer. I’m a big fan of strong female characters and she felt like the exact opposite of that.
- Lola Nolan (Lola and the Boy Next Door): Ugh… Lola annoyed me even more than Cath Avery. Not only was she whiny, but she was selfish and dense. There were so many times I wanted to throw my book across the room because she was just too stupid in regards to the Max vs. Cricket situation.
So those are the characters that I have not clicked with. What characters have you not gotten along with?