It’s October! You know what that means! It’s almost time for Halloween. To get in the mood, I have prepared my entire month of reading and watching movies around Halloweeny type things. I’ve tried to include a little bit of everything: witches, paranormal, vampires, zombies and slashers. Although I didn’t include any paranormal in my movie list, I have plenty for backup if I run out of movies to watch.
My TBW includes:
- Hocus Pocus (witches)
- The Craft (witches)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (slasher)
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (slasher)
- The Crazies (zombies)
- Scream 1-4 (slasher)
- World War Z (zombies)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (slasher)
UPDATE: Brandie reminded me that I completely forgot one of my all-time favorite movies! PRACTICAL MAGIC! I am officially adding it to my list of movies to watch!
My TBR includes:
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (witches)
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (zombies)
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King (vampires)
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich (paranormal)
The Witching Hour is over 1000 pages so I have only selected 4 books for my set TBR. And for backup books in case I finish all 4 books, I have selected a few alternates.
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (vampires and witches)
- Dracula by Bram Stoker (vampires)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (monsters)
And just in time, I got my awesome Halloween bookmark pre-orders from Happy Hello Art!
I am so excited to start off my October with some creepy reads! I am going to start with a re-read of The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich so I can finally read it through with the finalized pages.
HAPPY OCTOBER! Are you reading any creeptastic reads this month?