Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel (because when you love a debut, you just are ITCHING to get your hands on the author’s second book).
This week I chose to do a bit of a split and do debut authors that I have read and debut authors that I still need (and want) to read. First off, the debut authors that I have read and am dying for their next book. I came up with 8 for this part of my list.
- Dawn Kurtagich – The Dead House: I read this book twice this year and loved it. She recently had a cover reveal for her next book and it looks awesome! Can’t wait for it.
- Victoria Aveyard – Red Queen: I am very much looking forward to the next book in her series. Especially after the ending of this book. Plus I feel a bit of kinship with the main character since her name is Mare and mine is Maren… 🙂
- Becky Albertalli – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda: So much love for this book! I gobbled this book up so I am definitely looking forward to a sophomore novel from Becky.
- Francesca Zappia – Made You Up: This book was definitely one of my favorites of 2015. It’s amazing that someone as young as Francesca could write such an incredible book!
- Nicola Yoon – Everything, Everything: I devoured this book as an ARC and recently won a SIGNED copy (which I am super excited about). I loved so much about this book and if I can’t get a sequel I am at least really looking forward to Nicola’s next novel.
- Stephanie Oakes – The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly: This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2015 and it didn’t disappoint! Anything cult related is fascinating to me and this story was just pure awesomeness.
- Jenny Adams Perinovic – A Magic Dark & Bright: This book was thrilling and suspenseful. I love a book that can keep me hooked and wondering what is going to happen next. I’m looking forward to the next book.
- Erin Morgenstern – The Night Circus: I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to put this one on here or not. All of the books on this list have been YA and recent releases but this book was published a few years ago. But I am DYING for her to write another book because The Night Circus was just so beautifully written. I need more stories crafted by this amazing author.
And now for the debuts that I have yet to (but still really want to) read.
- Sabaa Tahir – An Ember In The Ashes: I have owned this one for awhile now but just haven’t gotten around to it quite yet. The premise sounds awesome and thrilling. Plus that cover is gorgeous.
- Jasmine Warga – My Heart and Other Black Holes: I’ve heard some amazing things about this book and recently bought it from Book Outlet. I’m hoping to get to it within the next couple of months.
- Melinda Salisbury – The Sin Eater’s Daughter: I immediately wanted to read this book solely based on the cover but the story sounds very interesting so I’m really looking forward to reading this at some point. I have this book on my OTSP Secret Sister wishlist.
- David Arnold – Mosquitoland: This has been on my REALLY WANT TO READ list for several months. I’ve heard a lot of people loving this book and I have it on my OTSP Secret Sister wishlist.
- Kim Liggett – Blood and Salt: This book is on my Christmas list because I want to read it so badly. I love the cover and the sound of the story.
- Emma Mills – First & Then: Look at that cover! And it sounds like something I would absolutely love.
Have you read any of these debuts? What are some of the sophomore novels you are most looking forward to?