I’m sure everybody is probably saying this but how is it December already? This entire year is just flying by. I’ve read a lot of great books, participated in a lot of fun read-a-longs, challenges and book clubs. I am really looking forward to finishing out a great year of reading and blogging.
As you may have seen yesterday, I decided last minute to join in on Shaina Reads 12 Books of Christmas challenge. I have already surpassed my Goodreads goal twice now but I’d like to make it to an even 150 books this year. I need to read 13 more books to read that goal so this challenge came at a perfect time.
I have a select few that I absolutely want to read this month including a pre-order of the 5th book of the Premonition series by Amy A. Bartol – Iniquity.
The other books I will most definitely be reading this month are:
I plan to read a chapter every night of the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling. I will also be reading
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (book 5 of the Outlander series)
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Also included in this are two Kindle books. The first is Shattered Blue by Lauren Bird Horowitz that I started this morning. The second is Blood, Ink & Fire by Ashley Mansour which I was just approved for on NetGalley.
Then when those have been read I will be choosing the rest of the books from the following:
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- The Symbolism and Sources of Outlander by Valerie Estelle Frankel (LibraryThing August batch – oops)
- Soundless by Richelle Mead (November OwlCrate)
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
Since it is December I may also decide to make one last effort at completing my 2015 TBR Pile Challenge. I’m still 4 books away from completing it. They would include the following books:
This year I have really been more in the mood for YA books so I’m not sure if I’ll feel like reading any of these this month but I’ll just put them out there as an option.
What books are you reading this month?