Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2015 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, “I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2015, etc.)
I am horrible at keeping resolutions but I’m really hoping this year I can turn it around. Most of my goals this year involve me being more organized. I like being organized but often I fail to stay that way. I’m going to break this post into 3 categories: Personal, Blog, and Bookish.
- Prepare more home cooked meals and plan meals ahead of time.
- Convince my hubby that I need to go to Hawaii to visit my new friends! Fingers crossed, Lauren and Ninja!!! Project HI begins NOW.
- Keep clutter to a minimum – I really enjoy being in my house when I don’t have piles of clutter sitting around. I’m going to work on decluttering this year to help with that. We are hoping to sell our home early next year so getting rid of our crap now will help when the time comes.
- Organize my time better – I am constantly trying to remember if I have things going on or planned. I have an Erin Condren Life Planner so I’m hoping to get better organized and keep my planner up to date.
- Plan ahead – I want to be better about planning posts ahead of time rather than flying by the seat of my pants like I usually do. Less stress this way.
- Post 5 days per week – Set up a schedule including the weekly memes I participate in so I can make sure to have a post at least 5 days every week.
- Comment on more blogs – Lately I have been mainly reading only a select few blogs that are my favorites. I want to expand my reading to more blogs. Who knows, maybe I will discover a new favorite!
- Meet my goal of reading 60 of my own unread books for my 2016 Read My Books Challenge – I have so many unread books that I own but haven’t read. I am literally out of bookshelf space so I need to work on reading them so I can decide if I even want to keep them. I’ve been forced to start using the window seat in our bedroom as a bookshelf.
- Limit book buying – Last year things got a little out of control when it came to my book buying. Since we are hopefully going to be getting a new place in 2017, I need to concentrate on saving my money for a down payment and for my hopeful upcoming trip to Hawaii!
- Read every day, even if it’s just one chapter or 30 minutes.
What are your resolutions for 2016?
Less than a week left to sign-up for the 2016 Read My Books Challenge! If you’re looking for a way to motivate yourself to read your owned but unread books, this challenge is for you! Check out my original post for more details! Sign-ups close January 10th at 9:00 am CST.