Bout of Books 15 came to an end yesterday. And despite not reading as much as I had planned to, it was my best Bout of Books to date. Of course that was with the help of two audiobooks that I listened to at work. For my final page total I included the # of pages that the audiobooks are in real pages.
I did well with my page count but I did not do so well completing my goals. Here were my original goals for this read-a-thon:
Finish The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (300 pages left)
- Start and finish Nirvana by JR Stewart (NetGalley title)
- Read at least one hour every day
- Participate in at least 3 of the daily challenges
I didn’t even start Nirvana by JR Stewart as I got preoccupied with a different ARC from Edelweiss. I did not read at all on Saturday so I didn’t meet my goal of reading at least one hour every day. And I didn’t participate in a single of the daily challenges.
As far as books read, I did pretty well though. I finished The Fiery Cross and made significant progress on I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. I also started and finished my Edelweiss ARC as well as starting and finishing two audiobooks!
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (audio reread) – 220 pages worth
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt (audio reread) – 432 pages worth
- finish The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon – 302 pages
- Best of My Love by Susan Mallery (Edelweiss ARC) – 384 pages
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga – 167 pages read
For a grand total of 1,505 pages! That’s about a hundred or so pages better than I did with Bout of Books 14. This was the 3rd time I’ve participated in BoB with each round ending with a better page count than the last!
Did you participate in BoB 15? How did you do?
Random weekend update: On Saturday Ethan and I went to see Hateful Eight. The previews for it made it look awesome and I love some of the actors in it. Unfortunately this movie did not float my boat at all. It was extremely slow paced and with it being a nearly 3 hour long movie, I was so bored. Have you seen this movie? What did you think of it?