Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Bookworm Delights. This week I will be featuring ten of the bookish things that make me happy.
- Spending time shopping around in the local used book store: One of my favorite places to go shopping for “new” books is Half Price Books. My nearest location is about 30-40 minutes away but it is totally worth it.
- Snuggling up with a good book, a cozy blanket and having my own personal lap warmers: This is pretty much self explanatory. Plus just look how cute they are!
- Meeting one of your favorite authors: I got to do this for the first time in March and it was incredible. Read more about my experience meeting author Lauren Bird Horowitz here!
- Meeting a fellow blogger in person: Again this is something that I have only done once but it is so fun to finally meet someone who you’ve been talking to for a long time about books and other fun stuff. Ashley @ Socially Awkword Bookworm and I both traveled to California in March to meet up and help out Bird for her book event (shown above).
- Having your books organized just right so that all you want to do is sit and stare at your shelves: There comes a time when you’re shelves just get so cluttered that when you take the time to organize them and they come together perfectly, it is a sight that makes me happy.
- The smell of a book: New or old, the first thing I do when I purchase a new book is open it up and take a whiff. The smell is so good and instantly relaxes me.
- Finding a signed copy of one of your favorite books: Whether you come across it accidentally or on purpose, it is always exciting to find a signed copy of your favorite book! Especially if you know you’ll probably never get a chance to meet the author.
- Special edged book pages: Whether the edges are deckled or colored, it is awesome finding books with special edges.
- Recommending a book to someone and they end up loving it: No real explanation needed here. It just feels great to tell someone to read a book and then hear from them that they loved it.
- Scoring a great deal on a book, new or used: Nothing gets me more excited than searching the clearance shelves at Half Price Books and quietly squealing with delight when you find a book you have been wanting at a great price! That is my first destination when I go to HPB.
What are some of your bookish delights?