May was a pretty great reading month for me. Bout of Books 16 took place during the second week so I was able to get a lot of reading done during that week. I have also been spending a lot of time reading in my free time and commuting time as well.
# Books Read in May: 19 (including 7 audiobooks, 1 DNF)
# Books Read in 2016: 79
# Books Towards Goodreads Goal: 79/110
2016 READ MY BOOKS CHALLENGE UPDATE
# Books Read for 2016 Read My Books in May: 11
# Books Read for 2016 Read My Books YTD: 32/60
Books Read in May:
- Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts (audiobook re-read)
- Blood Magick by Nora Roberts (audiobook re-read)
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (audiobook re-read)
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (audiobook re-read)
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (audiobook re-read)
- The New Guy (And Other Senior Year Distractions) by Amy Spalding
- The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (audiobook re-read)
- Braving It by James Campbell
- New Spring by Robert Jordan (audiobook re-read)
- The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (DNF)
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Best Book Read: For me, this was really a tie between an awesome series finale and the first book of a new-to-me series. The Raven King was absolutely amazing and I was completely blown away by The Kiss of Deception. I had fairly low expectations for that one but I could not put it down!
Worst Book Read: I wouldn’t really say any of the books I read in May were bad. I couldn’t get into The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan but I can see why it appeals to so many people. I really think that if I had read it earlier in life I would have enjoyed it.
How was your month of reading?