Hey everyone! I’ve been debating this readathon for over a week now and I think I’m just going to dive in and go for it! Tome Topple is a readathon dedicated to giving you the time to tackle those big books (500+ pages) that have been on your TBR. This round runs from November 18th through December 1st. It starts at midnight in whatever time zone you are in. It is being hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. Check out her video for more information about the readathon including who is co-hosting!
It is perfect timing because November 18th is my birthday and the hubby and I are taking a long weekend trip up to Duluth for the occasion. So I should have plenty of time to get started. And with Thanksgiving the following week, I will have lots of extra down time to read. I have several big books that have been on my TBR for awhile so I’ll have a little bit of a hard time choosing which book to start with. I’m also a mood reader so it will really come down to a last minute decision. I am going to set aside a selection of books that are all 500+ and make my final decision right before we leave for the weekend.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (722 pages)
- Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati (876 pages)
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (773 pages)
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley (876 pages)
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon (1157 pages)
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (642 pages)
My goal is to read at least one of these books from start to finish during the readathon time frame.
Are you planning on participating in the Tome Topple Readathon?