Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Movie Freebie — top ten all time favorite movies, top ten foreign films, top ten rom-coms, top ten 90’s movies, top ten action flicks, top ten tear-jerkers, top ten movies your favorite actor/actress is in, top ten movies with PoC leads, etc. etc.).
I absolutely love watching movies, almost as much as I love reading! I also love to re-watch movies. I really enjoy reliving the story and characters even though I already know what is going to happen. I have some movies that I have watched so many times that I have lost count and these are my #1 go to rewatch!
- Gone With the Wind – One of my all time favorite movies. I am obsessed with this movie and the characters. I love them all.
- Pride & Prejudice (2005) – Most P&P fans prefer the version with Colin Firth, and while I love that one too, this is the version I continue to watch over and over again.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – I love ALL of the Harry Potter movies but this one is my favorite book and movie so I’ve seen it a million times.
- The Two Towers – Again, I love all of the Lord of the Rings movies, but The Two Towers is my absolute favorite of the three. Maybe it’s because Legolas has more screen time 😉
- Mansfield Park – I really love this adaptation of Mansfield Park. Not many people like MP but it’s one of my faves.
- Little Women – I mean, come on… who doesn’t love this movie?! I always wanted to be just like Jo when I was growing up.
- Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea – I love these two nearly equally and I usually watch them in the same sitting together even though it gets really long. These are such feel good movies. I love Anne, Matthew, Marilla, Diana, Gilbert, etc.
- Leap Year – One of my favorite sappy rom com movies. I’ve seen this so many times! I love the setting – Ireland – and I love the storyline! Amy Adams and Matthew Goode make such a cute couple.
- Queen of the Damned – Honestly I am not sure why I love this movie so much. It’s not the greatest by any means but it’s one I always come back to. I watch it at least once a year.
- The Family Stone – Another one I watch at least once a year. I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it. Funny story… I had just watched this movie and I knew my BFF would love it too so the next time we got together I said to her, “Laur! I just saw this awesome movie you would love!” and she excitedly replied, “The Family Stone!!!” Great minds think alike! I just love the family dynamic in this movie and all of the actors are just awesome, especially Diane Keaton. I love her.
What are some of your favorite movies to watch over and over?