Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016.
I really love “discovering” new authors and have found some new ones this year that I have really enjoyed.
- Jeff Zentner – I was lucky enough to get to participate in a traveling ARC blog tour for The Serpent King that was put together by Stefani @ Caught Read Handed. I absolutely fell in love with the book and preordered a personalized signed copy from his local bookstore. I have also preordered his next book, The Goodbye Days, that releases on March 7, 2017.
- Sabaa Tahir – I had purchased her book, An Ember in the Ashes, last year but never got around to reading until this past February. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading the next book.
- Susan Dennard – Technically I read the Truthwitch sampler last December BUT I didn’t get to read the whole thing until March so I’m going to include her anyways. I loved Truthwitch so much and can’t wait to read Windwitch.
- Neal Stephenson – The first book I read of his was Seveneves and it totally blew me away. I’m normally not into heavy SciFi books but this one was just so good! Since then, I started collecting his other books to read.
- Evelyn Skye – The Crown’s Game was such an awesome book. I really loved the story and setting. I can’t wait for the sequel to come out this next spring.
- Jojo Moyes – I had seen her books a lot when shopping at Target but never really thought about reading them. But when the movie of Me Before You was going to come out, I knew I had to read the book first. It totally broke my heart but I definitely want to read more of her books.
- Mary E. Pearson – I bought The Kiss of Deception on a whim earlier this year and wasn’t expecting it to be anything special but when I read it, I couldn’t put it down. I read the entire trilogy this year because I loved the story and characters so much.
- Barry Lyga – The Jasper Dent series is so good! I haven’t read the 3rd book yet but the first two were both 5 star reads for me. I definitely look forward to reading other books from him.
- Agatha Christie – I’m amazed that it took me as long as it did to read an Agatha Christie novel. I grew up reading a lot of mystery thrillers with my mom so this would have been a good author for me to read. I read And Then There Were None and absolutely loved it. I will definitely be reading more of her stories in the future.
- Ruta Sepetys – My first read by this author was Salt to the Sea which I bought in California for super cheap because it was slightly damaged. I finally read it a couple of months ago and it was so good. I want to read her other books that are already published and any future books she writes.
Who are some authors that were new to you this year?