Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Fandom Freebie — top ten fandoms I’m in, 10 reasons X fandom is the best, must have merchandise for x fandom, etc. etc.
It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted for Top Ten Tuesday but I love this topic so I figured I might as well give it a go. Anybody who knows me well, knows that I can get pretty obsessive about my fandoms. From collecting merchandise (official or fan created) to making my computer and phone backgrounds pictures from that fandom. Currently my desktop PC background is a picture of Claire and Jamie Fraser and my phone is the cover image of Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff. So without further ado… here are my top ten favorite fandoms.
- Outlander – This one is fairly obvious since I already mentioned that my computer background is a picture of the two main characters. I have a pretty large collection of Outlander books, jewelry, bookmarks, prints, figures, etc. I have it all on display in our living room. The first two shelves are the Outlander collection.
- Gone With the Wind – This is my absolute favorite move of all time and I love the book as well. I have several different editions of GWTW as well as figurines and multiple collector’s sets of the movies. The photo below is old and I have since acquired a few other book and movie editions and figurines.
- Supernatural – I have been watching this show since the very beginning. I remember falling madly in love with it after the pilot episode and I’ve been obsessed ever since. I have most of the Funko pops, Supernatural shirts and socks, and even have a body pillow that has Dean on one side and Sam on the other. I have a few of the novelizations, a graphic novel and a couple of other books as well as all of the seasons on bluray.
- The Light Trilogy by Lauren Bird Horowitz– I am thoroughly obsessed with this series and can’t wait for book 3 to come out! Check out Shattered Blue and Renegade Red today!
- Game of Thrones – The show, the books… I need more! I’m trying to wait very patiently for the next book.
- Lord of the Rings – This was really the series that got me hooked on the fantasy genre. I’m 100% obsessed (see above picture)
- The Wheel of Time – In the living room along with my Outlander collection, I have my Wheel of Time collection. I’ve been into this series since I was 17 years old. For Christmas my hubby got me the poster of the map and I can’t wait to get it framed!
- Jay Kristoff – Nevernight/Illuminae – I want to combine these two because they both blew me away and I can’t wait for the rest of the books in each series! Nevernight was totally badass, dark and twisty. Illuminae and Gemina were just pure genius on the part of Kristoff and his co-author Amie Kaufman.
- Harry Potter – This one had to be included… Harry Potter has always been a pretty big part of my life beginning with the books and into the movies. I love both and I love collecting all kinds of items from the fandom for my collection. The biggest part of my collection is probably my Harry Potter Funkos. Of the 104 Funko Pops that I own, 30 of them are from the Harry Potter universe.
- Jane Austen – The first time I saw Jane Austen adaptation I was in elementary school. In high school I started reading her books and fell in love. I love all of the books and enjoy watching all of the different adaptations including the more modern retellings such as Bridget Jones and Clueless.
- Colleen Hoover
- Sarah J. Maas
- Leigh Bardugo
- Maggie Stiefvater
What are some of your favorite fandoms?