Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far.
I have read some pretty great books so far this year! A few have really stuck with me and have been added to my all-time favorites list. Here are the top ten books that I have read this year!
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I mean, obviously this one is going to be on this list. I fell so hard for this book! I loved everything about it and can’t wait to read the sequel next year.
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – Okay so technically I haven’t even finished this one yet but I’m almost done with it and it is AWESOME! I can’t wait to get my finished copies when it publishes later this year.
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch – This book was worth all the hype and more! Masterful writing and so full of suspense.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – I finally started this trilogy this year since the final book was releasing. Such awesome world building and super cool magic system. The second and third books were completely amazing as well so all around fantastic trilogy.
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – I really don’t know why I waited so long to read this book. I was almost immediately hooked on this story and characters. I’ve read the first three books this year and am dying for the rest of the series to be published.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – I got a review copy of this book and ended up loving it way more than I thought I would. It was such a beautifully written retelling.
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner – This book wrecked me. Jeff Zentner is officially on my list of favorite authors after writing my favorite book of 2016 (The Serpent King) and this one. I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table next.
- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher – This was my first book by Tarryn Fisher and I am so glad I picked it up because I fell in love with this book. I loved the characters, story, and Harry Potter references.
- Renegade Red by Lauren Bird Horowitz – This sequel to Shattered Blue was so much more intense! So much action, twists and turns… And that cliffhanger! I can’t wait to see how this trilogy wraps up in book 3.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – This book was so intense it had me on the edge of my seat nearly 100% of the time AND my Fitbit registered my reading time as active minutes because it had my heart pounding. I’m sad this portion of the series is over. I need more Rhysand!
What are some of your top reads this year so far?