Hey everyone! I meant to post this days ago but as I was finishing putting the final touches on the post, everything got deleted with no way of getting it back. I got really frustrated so left it until I felt like rewriting everything all over again. So anyways, today I am going to post about my bookish goals for the new year.
- Read 75 books – I had originally set my Goodreads goal for 100 books but after thinking about the number of books I’ve read the past two years, I wanted to lower that number to ease some of the pressure. I’ve often left off reading larger books because they take longer and I’ve felt like I needed to read shorter books to get more read as quickly as possible.
- Re-read one book per quarter – The past few months I’ve been thinking a lot about the books I’ve been wanting to re-read. This year I want to take some time to read some of those so I want to try and read at least one every three months.
- Go to the library once per quarter – Growing up I spent A LOT of time going to the library and I loved it. I haven’t gone for a long time and really miss going. This year I want to take some time every few months to go to the library, browse, and check out a book or two.
- Book buying ban – I am putting myself on a mostly no spend year this year, including books. I do have the exception of allowing myself the preorders I have for my favorite authors. But no more trips to Half Price Books or browsing Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- #UNREADBOTMCHALLENGE – This is a challenge I found out about through Instagram. January, February, March my goal will be to read two of my unread Book of the Month books. I will probably try to make my own goal to continue that throughout the year until I have them all read. I currently have 17 unread BOTM books. I had canceled my subscription awhile back because I wasn’t ever getting around to reading the books I picked out. I do love the subscription though and hope to subscribe again in the future.
What are some of your bookish goals for this year?