March ended up being a pretty decent reading month for me. A lot of what I read was graphic novels though so that kind of accounted for the spike in number of books read. I read 9 graphics and 4 regular books. One of my all time favorite series is The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, completed by Brandon Sanderson after RJ passed away. I’ve tried to get my husband to read it so many times and years ago he read the first two and half of the third. But then he lost track so put it on the back burner for a few years. He finally decided to start reading it again but wanted to start from the beginning and wanted me to read it with him. Since I’ve read the first 6 or 7 books multiple times already I decided to read the first two books with the graphic novels instead of the full novels. The prequel is one graphic novel and the first book is split into 6 graphic novels. While I was reading the graphics he was already full steam ahead on book two.
I also ended up finishing the #UnreadBOTMChallenge that I had started at the beginning of the year. To recap, the goal was to choose books from your owned but unread Book of the Month Club books in January, February, and March. I decided to try and read 2 of those per month.
- March 2019 Books Read: 13
- 2019 Books Read: 31
- March 2019 Pages Read: 3,539
- 2019 Pages Read: 10,406
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Tainted Love – True Blood vol. 2 graphic novel
- The French Quarter – True Blood vol. 3 graphic novel
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- American Fire by Monica Hesse
- New Spring – Wheel of Time prequel graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 1 graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 2 graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 3 graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 4 graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 5 graphic novel
- The Eye of the World – vol. 6 graphic novel
Since the #UnreadBOTMChallenge is officially over now, here is the final list of what I read. Technically I read 4 BOTM books in January but that was because I had read two of them before I decided to join the challenge so I wanted to start the challenge as if I hadn’t read any yet. The links go to each book’s Goodreads page in case you are curious. I absolutely loved The Great Alone, The Broken Girls, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Reid. I highly recommend those to anyone looking for something new to read.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Blinds by Adam Sternbergh
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
What did you read in March? Anything to recommend?