Hey everyone! It’s been a long time since I’ve done one of these posts but I have so many anticipated releases for the rest of the year that this one came pretty easy to me. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Girl. Each week there is a different topic. This week’s topic is Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2019. (Click the book cover to be taken to the Goodreads page for more info about each book.)
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – September 3 – This is my absolute #1 most anticipated read for the entire year. I can’t believe this trilogy is ending. It is seriously epic and if you haven’t started Nevernight yet, then I recommend you drop everything else and pick up a copy so you are ready for what is sure to be an insane series finisher.
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – November 19 – When Holly Black announced that QoN was going to be releasing months early AND on the day after my birthday, I flipped! Another series ender that I have been DYING to read since I read the previous book.
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern – November 5 – I have been waiting and waiting for her to write another book after absolutely falling in love with her writing and creativity in The Night Circus. Really looking forward to what she creates in this new novel.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – October 1 – I would read absolutely anything that Leigh Bardugo writes. She is pure magic.
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher – December 31 – This one barely makes the cut by publishing on the last day of the year but it is Tarryn Fisher and I can’t wait to read it. I have devoured every book she has ever written.
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover – December 10 – Like with Tarryn Fisher books, I devour anything written by Colleen Hoover. I am not even sure what this book is about but I don’t care. CoHo forever!
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware – September 9 – Another author I’ve enjoyed every book they’ve ever written. If you haven’t read any of her books and love thrillers and mysteries, I definitely recommend reading them. I’m super excited because Barnes & Noble has signed copies available for preorder.
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff – June 25 – Very much looking forward to reading this sequel to LIFEL1K3. Jay Kristoff is one of my favorite authors and 100% autobuy.
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater – November 5 – Ronan was one of my favorite characters from The Raven Cycle series so I am so stoked that he is getting his own series.
- Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw – November 5 – Man, my November 5th is going to be a great day for book releases as this one makes #3. I absolutely loved her first book, The Wicked Deep, so I knew I needed this one the second I heard about it.
And there you have it! Those are the ten books I am most anticipating for the rest of the year. I have two others also preordered for this year that deserve honorable mention. Warrior of Altaii by Robert Jordan and Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab. Warrior of Altaii is the first book that Robert Jordan, author of The Wheel of Time series, wrote but never published. He passed away in 2007 so his wife (who was also his editor) is having it published finally. Tunnel of Bones is the sequel to City of Ghosts which is a great middle grade series about a girl who can see ghosts.
What book releases are you looking forward to during the rest of 2019?