Wow, I am feeling loved this week! Another award nomination! Thank you to Lu-Lu’s Rants and Reads for the Liebster Award Nomination. I have never heard of this award, or even the last one I was nominated for, but hey, I’ll take it!
UPDATE: I have also just been nominated for this award by KayCee K @ Wonder Struck! Thank you so much! I have added the answers to her 11 questions to the bottom of this post!
Here are the rules:
- Link and thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
- Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
- Ask the 11 nominated bloggers 11 questions and tell them you’ve nominated them
Here are the questions that Lu-Lu asked me to answer for my nomination:
1. Do you have a favorite reading spot? If so, where at and why?
When I’m at home, my favorite spot to read is my recliner that is in our office room. It is right next to the window so I get all of the natural light and when it’s nice out, a good breeze. I also love to read outside whether it be on our deck or at a park somewhere.
2. If you had a chance to meet an author right now, who would it be?
Hmm this is a tough one because most of my favorite authors are deceased. I think I will have to choose Amy A. Bartol, author of the Premonition series, which I love.
3. Which book is the most worn out on your bookshelf?
From reading, Pride and Prejudice is the most worn. My paperback copy of The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan because of the size and number of pages. There are pages falling out.
4. Hardback or paperback?
Both. I like hardback because they last longer than paperbacks. Especially in the case of longer books. In my experience, the binding doesn’t break as easily for really long books, like in the above answer about my paperback copy of The Eye of the World. My hardcover copy is in perfect condition.
5. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past month?
Without a doubt that “honor” goes to Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. This book was so completely uninteresting and a little inconceivable.
6. If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?
I would have to say Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I just feel like we have similar personalities, although I am much more laid back.
7. About how many books do you currently own? How many have you actually read?
My collection is up close around 500 I think. I’ve probably read about 3/4 of them. Some of the are children’s books that I grew up reading.
8. If you could be any character, who would it be? (I know, this is a repeat but this is a good question!)
I would definitely want to be Elizabeth Bennet. She has such a free spirit for that time and knows her own mind. Plus she gets to marry Mr. Darcy… can’t go wrong there!
9. What genre do you read the most?
Probably fantasy or romance.
10. What’s your favorite part of going to a bookstore?
I have two favorite parts of going into a bookstore. First is the smell of the books, especially if it’s a used bookstore. Second is finding that one book that I have been looking for all over the place and finally finding it!
11. What are you currently reading?
I just finished reading The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory and have just started Ruth’s Journey by Donald McCaig.
And now here are my questions for my nominees:
1. Is there a book that you refuse to read?
2. What is the last book that you attempted to read but never finished?
3. If you could live in any fictional world, which would you choose? (examples: Hogwarts, Middle Earth, Panem, Narnia, Westeros, etc.)
4. How many books did you read last year? Feel free to guess if you don’t know exactly.
5. What are your top three favorite genres?
6. Hard copies or ebooks?
7. What is a book you would love to see on the big screen?
8. What is a book you want to read solely based on what the cover looks like?
9. If you could change the ending of any book, what would you change and why?
10. Who is your favorite author and why?
11. What are you currently reading?
And now for my nominee… yes, I just have the one. All of the other book blogs that I follow have either been nominated already or have more than 200 followers.
Forbidden Books Club
If you could live in any book for a week, what book would it be? and why?
I would definitely want to live at Hogwarts for a week! Who wouldn’t want to attend a school for witchcraft and wizardry?!?!?!
Your blogging goal of the year?
I have two blogging goals for the year. I would like to try and get 150 followers by the end of the year. And I would also like to post a review for every single book I read.
A book you think would make a good movie?
Hmm I think I would definitely have to go with Cinder by Marissa Meyer. If it’s done right, I think it could make for a very interesting movie!
Do have a favorite bookmaker?
I love the look of Signet and Penguin classics but other than that I don’t really have a favorite.
Your ‘guilty pleasure’ book?
People will probably think I’m crazy for both answers on this one but I would have to say Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight are my guilty pleasure books. I know, I know… I just can’t help myself.
If you could have any mystical or magical artifact what would it be?
Oh boy… that is a good question! I love it! I’d love to have Hagrid’s motorcycle! What could be better than flying around on a motorcycle unseen!
Your go to blog/website for book reviews?
I love scrolling through reviews on Goodreads. Otherwise I just like reading the reviews posted by the blogs that I follow.
What book do you think will be your favorite read this year?
Tough question! Right now I would have to say A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson but that could change by the end of the year.
What is your must play song right now?
I have been obsessed with listening to the soundtrack for History Channel’s show, The Vikings (great show btw!) so I will go with the theme song: If I Had A Heart by Fever Ray.
What’s your must see movie of 2015?
Without a doubt, Insurgent! I can’t wait to dive back into the world of Divergent. I need to reread the book first though.
Favorite social site?
I love love love Goodreads if that is considered a social site. I just love seeing what other people are reading and getting ideas for my TBR list and talking about awesome (or not so awesome) books!