Happy December everyone! I can’t believe we are starting the last month of 2019 already. This year has gone by crazy fast. Last month I had a HORRIBLE month of reading. If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you know I participated in this fall reading bingo in September and October…. well I completely overdid it (got a blackout) so once November hit, I had zero desire to read anything. The books I did try to read didn’t exactly go very well. I started The Scorpio Races on November 1st to go along with the setting of the book but I just could not get into it. I’m still only about a third of the way through it and I haven’t touched the book since November 8th. I did start and finish The Wives by Tarryn Fisher though. I was lucky enough to receive an eARC from the publisher and really enjoyed it. Check out my review here. I also started another eARC that I was excited to get approved for but that has been slow going as well. Not that the book isn’t good… I just don’t feel like reading.
But I am hoping to turn things around in December because what’s better than curling up with a cozy blanket and a good book on a cold, snowy night. I’m putting together a very loose TBR so I have some options but also have a general idea of what I want to try and read this month. I have some review copies piling up so I would like to focus on getting those read. A couple of them are sequels to books I haven’t read yet so I’m also going to add in the first book for those.
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White – First off I need to finish this eARC since the book was already published on November 5th. So far I’m really intrigued by this Arthur retelling.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer graphic novel – I want to get this one read but you won’t be seeing my review until it is released per publisher’s request so hang in there until January 7th.
- The Glittering Hour by Iona Grey – I was invited to read this from St. Martin’s Press and it sounds so good that I accepted. It also turns out to be one of the choices for Book of the Month this month so it must be good! This one publishes on December 10th so look for a review sometime around then.
- Blood Countess by Lana Popovic – Ever since I saw the movie Stay Alive, I’ve had a weird interest in Countess Elizabeth Bathory so I am really excited to read this one. This one is scheduled for publication on January 28th.
- Wicked Saints and Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan – I’ve been really looking forward to this one and now since I was approved for the eARC of the sequel, I’m even more excited! Ruthless Gods is going to be published on April 7th so I may put that one on the back burner until I can get through a few more of these that are going to be published sooner. But I may end up loving Wicked Saints so much that I won’t be able to wait.
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely and A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer – I bought A Curse So Dark and Lonely shortly after it was published because it sounded so good and look at that cover… I then got an ARC of the sequel that is due to be published January 7th so I am thrilled to get to these two this month.
- One More River To Cross by Jane Kirkpatrick – This one I got a couple months ago from the publisher through LibraryThing. I’ve been putting it off because it didn’t quite fit into the bingo I was doing and then in November I just wasn’t feeling reading at all. This one published on September 3rd.
I’m also leaving things open for myself to read any of the books that I’ve purchased in 2019 but haven’t read yet. There were so many that I was excited for but had to put on hold because I didn’t want to attempt them when I wasn’t in the mood to read. Some of those may include:
What are you planning to read in December?