My favorite month of the year has arrived! Fall is definitely in swing here which makes the perfect reading weather. My birthday is coming up on the 18th. And shortly after that, we have Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving. It’s one of my favorite holidays. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you know that I am horrible at sticking to a monthly TBR except for last month when I read every single book and more on my October TBR. I was so excited that I even started planning my November TBR towards the end of the month. I know last month may have been a little bit of a fluke so I have one main goal this month. Finish the Throne of Glass series. Another bittersweet ending for me, like Muse of Nightmares was for me last month. The final book of Throne of Glass came out at the end of October and I’m a book behind in the series plus I still need to read the short story collection, The Assassin’s Blade. I’ve already started off the month reading Tower of Dawn and hopefully after I finish that, I will immediately start Kingdom of Ash. We will see what kind of mood I am in once I finish these massive books. For now, I have the following books on my list.
- Light Years by Kass Morgan
- The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas
- Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas
I initially had more on my rough TBR list that I started putting together last month but I don’t want to get overwhelmed and end up not wanting to choose any of the books. So as always I will say that this is a loose TBR and I may choose to read other books not on this list as well. I am very excited to read each and every one of these books though.
What are you planning to read this month? Are you good at sticking to TBRs or do you just pick and choose as you go?
Happy October! One of my favorite months of the year! Autumn is my absolute favorite season and I love choosing my reads to fit the mood of this time of year. I am really excited about the books I’ve chosen to read this month, especially after getting hardly any time to read during September. I am ready to go!
First off, I plan to read Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. It releases tomorrow! I am completely obsessed with the first book, Strange the Dreamer, so I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the sequel. The title does kind of fit the theme for the month, too. The rest of the books I have chosen for the month all fit perfectly into the Halloweenie theme. Ghosts, witches, vampires, etc.
There they are! And how cute are the Hocus Pocus Funkos?! I could not resist getting them! I watch Hocus Pocus annually around this time of year so I’m very excited to watch it, read it, and have these little guys. I LOVE that they even included Mary’s vacuum and Winifred’s classic mouth.
Have you read any of the books in my stack? What do you plan to read this month?
How is it possible that we’re in July now?! This year has been going by so fast. I have a busy month ahead of me even though I found out last week that I’ve been moved to part time at my job. Obviously not too happy about that but it is what it is, you know? Anyways! I’m pretty excited about the books I have picked out for my July TBR. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile you may know that I have problems sticking to a TBR since I’m such a mood reader so we will see how this goes!
- Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- American War by Omar El Akkad
- Saga vol. 4
- Saga vol. 5
- Saga vol. 6
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover (not pictured, releases 7/17)
I also want to finish on my read of the Lord John Grey series by Diana Gabaldon. I read the first story in Lord John and the Hand of the Devils and finished Lord John and the Private Matter. Next up will be the second story in Lord John and the Hand of the Devils.
What books are you hoping to read this month?
I think this is the first month where I really have a solid TBR that I plan to stick to. Normally I have a hard time adhering to a TBR because I am a mood reader but there are so many books I’ve received lately or will be receiving this month that I am dying to read. I’m keeping it about half of what I usually read in a month so I have plenty of room for other books that strike my fancy during the month. I’ve put them in the order I plan to read them as it stands now but that could change. LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff will for sure be the last book of the month since it doesn’t release until the 29th. I’m currently reading The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory but as soon as I finish that I plan to start A Court of Frost and Starlight right away. (Links go to book’s Goodreads page)
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – I have been dying to read this one ever since I finished ACOWAR. I have missed Feyre, Rhys, and the others so much! I can’t wait to see what they are up to.
- I’ll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara – I love reading true crime books so I’ve been looking forward to reading this one for months. My library’s hold list is so long and I couldn’t wait any longer so I recently bought a copy.
- Lean on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – I adored Simon Vs. so when I found out she was writing a sequel about Leah, I knew I needed it.
- Circe by Madeline Miller – I really enjoyed Song of Achilles and I love mythology so I’ve been really looking forward to reading this one!
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – Another one I’ve been waiting months to read. I wanted to let the hype die down a little bit before starting it for myself so I won’t have those opinions on my mind while reading.
- LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff – If you know me then you know I love Jay Kristoff so having this one on my list is a no brainer! I can’t wait for this to FINALLY be released!
What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Hey everyone! After taking a long break from TBR lists, I decided that this month I felt like giving it a try again. My goal is to read 8 books this month but I wanted to leave a little room for a couple spontaneous reads since I tend to be a mood reader.
These are the books I am really hoping to read this month. Most of them are ones that I’ve been putting off for no particular reason but am really excited to finally get into them. Links go to Goodreads.
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas – I feel so behind on this series. I loved the first 4 books but for whatever reason I ended up setting this one off to the side. With the series ending this year I really want to get caught up with this one and Tower of Dawn.
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard – I loved Truthwitch!! I wanted to wait until book 3 was released before I read Windwitch but the publication got pushed back and with the prequel coming out, I decided I was finally ready to start this one.
- Blackbringer by Laini Taylor – This was a more recent edition to my collection. After reading Strange the Dreamer last year and falling madly in love with it I have wanted to devour everything that Laini has ever written. I’m going to be buddy reading this one with Tricia @ Bookworm Coalition sometime this month.
- The Tiger’s Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera – I received this as a review copy through LibraryThing months ago but was in a weird place with how I felt towards review copies so I wanted to wait until I had a break from them before diving into this one because it sounds absolutely amazing.
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson – I had hoped to read this one closer to when I read and loved Mistborn but of course other things cropped up and this one got set to the side. Kind of easy to do with how big my TBR is.
What books are on your TBR for this month if you make one?