Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017.
Although I did a lot of re-reads in 2017, I also read many new-to-me authors! I love finding new-to-me authors to love. I really enjoyed all of the books by the following authors that I read this year and look forward to reading more of their books in the future.
- Laini Taylor – I really fell in love with Laini Taylor’s books in 2017. Her writing is so gorgeous. Her characters and worlds are so vivid and imaginative. New favorite author for sure. Books by Laini Taylor I enjoyed in 2017 – Strange the Dreamer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight, Night of Cake and Puppets.
- Katherine Arden – Another author added to my favorites list. Her debut novel, The Bear and the Nightingale was so awesome! Books by Katherine Arden I enjoyed in 2017 – The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower.
- Lauren Willig – This also happened to be the last book that I read in 2017. It was an ARC for a mysterious historical fiction novel called The English Wife. I am looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
- Samantha Shannon – I don’t know why I waited so long to start The Bone Season trilogy but at the same time, I’m really glad I was able to read the first three books plus two novellas back to back. Books by Samantha Shannon I enjoyed in 2017 – The Bone Season, The Mime Order, The Song Rising, On the Merits of Unnaturalness, The Pale Dreamer.
- VE Schwab – Another one I don’t know why I waited so long to read. I absolutely fell in love with the Shades of Magic trilogy! They were so fantastic! I can’t wait to read all of her other published books as well as any new books she writes in the future. Books by VE Schwab I enjoyed in 2017 – A Darker Shade of Magic, A Gathering of Shadows, A Conjuring of Light.
- Tarryn Fisher – Last year I finally discovered Colleen Hoover, and through her found out about Tarryn Fisher. I finally read some of her books this year and loved them! Books by Tarryn Fisher I enjoyed in 2017 – F*ck Love, Bad Mommy, Atheists Who Kneel and Pray.
- Ryan Graudin – I’ve heard great things about her writing and finally read one of her books. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Invictus and it was awesome! Really looking forward to reading more from her.
- Jason Segel – I had seen his middle grade book series, Nightmares!, but never read them. I got an ARC of Otherworld and it was really good! I’m really looking forward to the next book in the series.
- Andy Weir – I finally read The Martian this past year and it totally lived up to the hype! I’ve heard his next book isn’t as good but I will still probably read it.
- Blake Crouch – I’ve been meaning to read the Wayward Pines books for awhile but never got around to them. Then he published Dark Matter and I heard nothing but good things about it but could never manage to get my hands on a copy. I finally did when I joined the Book of the Month club and it was so freaking amazing!
What new-to-you authors did you read in 2017?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward to In 2018.
I have SO many books I’m looking forward to in 2018! One of my goals for next year is to really limit my book purchases though so I have put together a list of my auto-buy authors and what books they have releasing in 2018. I’m going to try my very hardest to only buy from this list.
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – This one is rather obvious as I LOVED Illuminae and Gemina so much! I need to get my hands on Obsidio asap. I can’t wait to see where this book takes the story. I have this pre-ordered at Barnes & Noble to get their exclusive edition.
- LifeL1K3 by Jay Kristoff – Anything new from Jay Kristoff and you can bet I want it. This one sounds so intriguing, especially since I find myself being more interested in science fiction the more I read from the genre. I have this one pre-ordered at Amazon.
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – More Rhys and Feyre?! Do you even need to ask?? Sarah J. Maas is one of my faves and I love this series so of course I’m looking forward to seeing what the inner circle is up to since ACOWAR. I’m waiting to pre-order this one when *fingers crossed* Good Choice Reading does a virtual signing.
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden – The third and final book in the Winternight trilogy is a definite must have. I adored The Bear and the Nightingale and The Girl in the Tower so I’m really looking forward to how the trilogy ends.
- Throne of Glass #7 by Sarah J. Maas – I’m actually pretty behind on this series. I still haven’t read Empire of Storms or Tower of Dawn but it’s still on my must haves list.
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover – I have loved ALL of Colleen Hoover’s books so I’m super stoked for another new one from her.
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson – A new book in The Remnant Chronicles universe?! YES PLEASE!
- Sightwitch by Susan Dennard – I’m so excited for this one! Told in documents and text, this is a prequel to the Witchlands books. I pre-ordered my copy from Barnes & Noble to get their exclusive edition which has a preview of book 3 in the series, Bloodwitch.
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu – I’m really excited for all of the DC Icons books so I want to get them all right away. I have my copy pre-ordered at Target because they have signed copies.
- Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas – Like I said above, I’m want all of the DC Icons books right away and while I don’t know much about Catwoman, it’s being written by Sarah J. Maas so I’m sure I will love it.
I also have a list of books that will HOPEFULLY be publishing in 2018! They don’t have any set publishing dates scheduled yet so I’m just keeping my fingers crossed on these.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings! A little bit out of the ordinary this year but I actually didn’t request too many books this year. Here are some of the books I would LOVE to find under the tree though!
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- The Complete Book of Home Organization by Toni Hammersley
- The Complete Book of Clean by Toni Hammersley
- Outlander Kitchen by Theresa Carle-Sanders
And there you have it! I’m currently in a place where I feel weird about getting new books when I have so many that are unread so my must-haves list is pretty small right now. What books are you hoping to get for Christmas?
Come back next week for a much more exciting and full list – Top Ten 2018 Releases On My TBR