Bout of Books 34 is coming next week! It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to participate so I am really looking forward to do so for this round. Bout of Books is one of my favorite readathons. It lasts a whole week beginning on Monday and ends on the following Sunday. It is super low key but also has some fun daily challenges that you can choose to participate if you want as well as a few other things.
The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in YOUR time zone. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are reading sprints, Twitter chats, and exclusive Instagram challenges, but they’re all completely optional. For all Bout of Books 34 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Normally I like to give myself a couple of goals and a tentative TBR just so I have something to go off of. Since I am a mood reader, I don’t hold myself to the TBR if I’m not feeling it when the time comes around. Since we are a week out from the readathon, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to read but that could very well change so I will stick with it being a tentative TBR.
Personal Goals for Bout of Books 34:
- Read at least 1 hour everyday
- Finish at least one of each of the following:
- graphic novel
- Daily check-in on blog and Instagram stories
My tentative TBR plan is to focus on my ARC backlog. I have a few that have already been published and a couple that will be published very soon. I am also currently working on that so my plan for next week is basically to tackle the ones I have left. I would LOVE to be able to completely get caught up but I also have quite a few that I need to get through so I will just see how things go. I don’t want to push it too hard or I will end up in a slump for feeling forced to read these books. My selection includes the following:
- The North Wind by Alexandria Warwick (published January 13, 20022)
- Cold the Night, Fast the Wolves by Meg Long (published January 11, 2022)
- The Younger Wife by Sally Hepworth (published April 5, 2022)
- The Summer Place by Jennifer Weiner (publishing May 10, 2022)
- Kagen the Damned by Jonathan Maberry (publishing May 10, 2022)
- Outside by Ragnar Jonasson (publishing June 28, 2022)
- The Wilderwomen by Ruth Emmie Lang (publishing November 15, 2022)
As far as the audiobook and graphic novel go, those will depend on what I’m in the mood for at the time.
I am really looking forward to participating in this readathon after so long away from it. Are you planning to participate?