Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017.
Although I did a lot of re-reads in 2017, I also read many new-to-me authors! I love finding new-to-me authors to love. I really enjoyed all of the books by the following authors that I read this year and look forward to reading more of their books in the future.
- Laini Taylor – I really fell in love with Laini Taylor’s books in 2017. Her writing is so gorgeous. Her characters and worlds are so vivid and imaginative. New favorite author for sure. Books by Laini Taylor I enjoyed in 2017 – Strange the Dreamer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight, Night of Cake and Puppets.
- Katherine Arden – Another author added to my favorites list. Her debut novel, The Bear and the Nightingale was so awesome! Books by Katherine Arden I enjoyed in 2017 – The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower.
- Lauren Willig – This also happened to be the last book that I read in 2017. It was an ARC for a mysterious historical fiction novel called The English Wife. I am looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
- Samantha Shannon – I don’t know why I waited so long to start The Bone Season trilogy but at the same time, I’m really glad I was able to read the first three books plus two novellas back to back. Books by Samantha Shannon I enjoyed in 2017 – The Bone Season, The Mime Order, The Song Rising, On the Merits of Unnaturalness, The Pale Dreamer.
- VE Schwab – Another one I don’t know why I waited so long to read. I absolutely fell in love with the Shades of Magic trilogy! They were so fantastic! I can’t wait to read all of her other published books as well as any new books she writes in the future. Books by VE Schwab I enjoyed in 2017 – A Darker Shade of Magic, A Gathering of Shadows, A Conjuring of Light.
- Tarryn Fisher – Last year I finally discovered Colleen Hoover, and through her found out about Tarryn Fisher. I finally read some of her books this year and loved them! Books by Tarryn Fisher I enjoyed in 2017 – F*ck Love, Bad Mommy, Atheists Who Kneel and Pray.
- Ryan Graudin – I’ve heard great things about her writing and finally read one of her books. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Invictus and it was awesome! Really looking forward to reading more from her.
- Jason Segel – I had seen his middle grade book series, Nightmares!, but never read them. I got an ARC of Otherworld and it was really good! I’m really looking forward to the next book in the series.
- Andy Weir – I finally read The Martian this past year and it totally lived up to the hype! I’ve heard his next book isn’t as good but I will still probably read it.
- Blake Crouch – I’ve been meaning to read the Wayward Pines books for awhile but never got around to them. Then he published Dark Matter and I heard nothing but good things about it but could never manage to get my hands on a copy. I finally did when I joined the Book of the Month club and it was so freaking amazing!
What new-to-you authors did you read in 2017?