Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Authors I Would Love To Meet.
This one was pretty easy for me to figure out. I did have to split between authors still alive and some deceased because a few of my favorites are gone. As much as I would love to meet all of these people I would be so incredibly nervous! I would be completely star struck and have trouble talking like a normal person lol.
- Jane Austen (D): She is my favorite author of all time so of course she would be on this list!
- Margaret Mitchell (D): I love Gone With the Wind so much that it would be amazing to have been able to meet the woman behind it.
- Robert Jordan (D): Author of my favorite series that was a huge part of my life… It’s such a shame that he passed 😦
- J.R.R. Tolkien (D): This man is the reason I love fantasy so much!
- Diana Gabaldon: Author of my current obsession: Outlander. How could I not want to meet her?!?!
- Amy Bartol: I fell in love with her Premonition series awhile ago and would love to meet her but also really want to get her to answer when the 5th book will be released!
- Becky Albertalli: I recently finished reading her books, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and loved it! She read my review and tweeted to me but I would love to meet her in person!
- Suzanne Collins: Love the Hunger Games series and would love to chat with her about how she came up with the idea.
- Veronica Roth: A little bit of the same reason for wanting to meet SC. I love the Divergent trilogy but what I really want to ask her is why she decided to end Allegiant the way she did.
- J.K. Rowling: I left her for the last because who wouldn’t want to meet the genius behind Harry Potter?!
Which authors would you love to meet?
I’m back this week with another Top Ten Tuesday! I skipped last week because I forgot about it until the last minute and didn’t have time to search for ten of my favorite quotes.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors.
- Jane Austen – I love each and every one of her books, especially Mansfield Park and Pride & Prejudice
- Diana Gabaldon – I have totally fallen in love with the Outlander series! I have all of the books and would like to also read the Lord John Grey books.
- Robert Jordan – The Wheel of Time has been one of my favorite series for over 10 years now. They have been a huge part of my life and honorable mention goes to Brandon Sanderson for completely the series after Jordan passed away.
- J.K. Rowling – I would have to say this is a pretty obvious one. Who doesn’t love Harry Potter?!?!?! But I also enjoyed The Casual Vacancy!
- Margaret Mitchell – Gone With The Wind will always be one of my favorites. Scarlett and Rhett are some of my favorite characters ever created.
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Lord of the Rings series is the reason I fell in love with the fantasy genre!
- L.M. Montgomery – Growing up Anne of Green Gables was a huge part of my life. Love the characters and setting, especially Anne Shirley. She was my role model.
- Philippa Gregory – Before I read any of her books I enjoyed reading historical fiction but her books brought it to a whole other level.
- Amy A. Bartol – I can’t even remember how I came across her first series, The Premonition series, because it isn’t very widely known about but I immediately fell in love with it and devoured all of the books available. I am still eagerly awaiting the 5th book of the series. I also really enjoy the Kricket series.
- George R.R. Martin – I saw the HBO show before I read the books but everything about the books impressed me. No character is safe in his hands so it really keeps you on your toes.
Who are your favorite authors of all time?
Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week’s topic: Top Ten New To Me Authors in 2014
This week was pretty easy for me. I read a lot of new authors… at least new to me anyways. I don’t always get to read new releases when they come out so a lot of these will show I’m a little behind the times. There is just SO MUCH to read! 🙂 Here is my list along with a cover of each of the books I read from that author this year!
1. Marissa Meyer
2. Diana Gabaldon (currently reading)
3. Gillian Flynn
4. Veronica Roth
5. Cassandra Clare
6. Patrick Taylor
7. John Green
8. Richelle Mead
9. Nora Roberts
10. Alicia Rae
What new authors did you discover this year?