December is over already?! What?! This year has gone by so quickly. I got some great books this month. Several were gifts so I don’t feel so bad for having so many books on my haul this month.
So far, the best part of my haul this month was getting Shattered Blue by Lauren Bird Horowitz. I’ve gushed about this book so much since reading it! It was that good, you guys! And Lauren is literally the nicest person ever! I’ve had so much fun talking and getting to know her this month! #NINJAOTTERSOX forever! She not only signed my book, sent me bookmarks and posters but she and her adorable dog, Ninja, also sent my kitties some goodies! If you missed my review, check it out here!
I also couldn’t resist buying the 20th Anniversary edition of Outlander any longer. I had racked up some Amazon points too so it didn’t cost me that much.
Next up was a beautiful boxed set of Jane Austen hardcovers from Amazon. They are in a gorgeous case that has a magnetic closure. Each book has illustrations and a different color cover.
I also found some great books on Book Outlet. Probably more than I should have but oh well. Can’t beat those prices! Plus, I just had to get the Book Outlet Bear… look how cute he is!
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- Smith of Wootton Major by JRR Tolkien
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (signed copy)
Some of my other Book Outlet buys include the Jasper Dent series which I have heard nothing but good things about from my pal Ashley @ Socially Awkward Bookworm and The 100 by Kass Morgan. They are supposed to arrive on Wednesday (12/30) but I haven’t had much luck with getting BO packages by the estimated delivery date.
In October I won a giveaway for Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics and it finally arrived this month! I have been dying to read this book.
I am a person who LOVES making lists. A few years ago my friend had given me the Music Listography book which is totally awesome! I always wished that there was one for books and/or movies. I finally found them and got them as well as the travel one.
Beginning January 1st I will be doing a read-along with my buddy, Erica from Looking To The Stars. We will be reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. I already had it on Kindle but I prefer paperbacks, so I got the paperback so I can bounce back and forth if I need to. I am super excited to read this with her.
This month’s OwlCrate was totally awesome! This is my 3rd box and it was definitely my favorite. It came with the following items:
- DaVinci’s Tiger by LM Elliott – I hadn’t heard of this one before but it sounds like something I will love!
- Reading journal from Chronicle Books – There are 3 sections inside to write down books you want to read, favorite books and passages, and books you have loaned out. I haven’t used it yet but I have ideas for it.
- Reading At The Cafe soy candle from Frostbeard Studios – This candle smells like coffee and chocolate. So good!
- To-Do List notepad from Boy Girl Party – So cute with the book octopus! I love lists so this is perfect for me!
- The Little Prince magnet by Sandra Vargas – I haven’t read this book but the magnet is so cute!
- word magnet set exclusive for DaVinci’s Tiger
For Christmas I didn’t get many books but the ones I did get are awesome! My parents got me the Outlander coloring book! I am SO excited about this but I’m nervous to color in it haha. And Ethan got me Once Again by Liz Braswell & Cameron Dokey for my stocking. I have been so into fairy tale retellings this year so I’m excited to read even more.
I got a great package from my OTSPSecretSister this month! It’s been really fun getting to know her over the past few months. She got me an awesome tote bag, a note pad with book tabs, a couple mechanical pencils and she even made me that beautiful scarf cowl. Tomorrow will be the perfect day to wear it since we have a big snow storm coming in! And she got me Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I had never heard of this book before but it sounds really good.
I also got my TBTB Santa package this month and my secret Santa, Ashley, totally spoiled me! She got me some collections of Emily Dickinson, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, the Crowley Funko Pop and she painted the awesome Castiel stemless wine glass! And the chocolate lover in me was jumping for joy from all the chocolate she sent! And since she is from Texas, she included a Texas magnet. Such a thoughtful package!
For Christmas my father-in-law gave me a gift card to my favorite store, Half Price Books! So I headed up there today. They have a 20% off storewide sale this weekend so I was eager to take advantage of that! I found some awesome books! I am working on upgrading my favorite series to hardcovers so I was so happy to find some of the hardcovers for the Sookie Stackhouse series that I needed.
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- Dead As A Doornail by Charlaine Harris
- Library Of Souls by Ransom Riggs
- Dead And Gone by Charlaine Harris
- Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
- A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel vol. 2
After Half Price Books I had to make a run over to Barnes & Noble to see if they had any goodies for me. And I was so happy to find a signed copy of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon!
In addition to these awesome physical books, I got some great deals on Kindle books this month.
- The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin
- A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Krampus: The Yule Lord by Bram
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas
- Inked by Eric Smith
So that’s everything for this month! Stay tuned for my December wrap-up and yearly survey which will be coming up soon!