A Hard Day for a Hangover by Darynda Jones
Sunshine Vicram #3
Expected publication December 6, 2022
Goodreads Summary: Some people greet the day with open arms. Sheriff Sunshine Vicram would rather give it a hearty shove and get back into bed, because there’s just too much going on right now. There’s a series of women going missing, and Sunny feels powerless to stop it. There’s her persistent and awesomely-rebellious daughter Auri, who’s out to singlehandedly become Del Sol’s youngest and fiercest investigator. And then there’s drama with Levi Ravinder—the guy she’s loved and lusted after for years. The guy who might just be her one and only. The guy who comes from a family of disingenuous vipers looking to oust him—and Sunshine—for good.
Like we said, the new day can take a hike.
Review: First I would like to say that since this is the third book of a trilogy to proceed with caution as there may be spoilers about the first two books. If you haven’t picked up this series yet starting with A Bad Day for Sunshine… I highly suggest you fix that! 🙂 Mystery, intrigue, humor, romance, jaw dropping action… the list goes on.
A Hard Day for a Hangover was my most anticipated release of 2022 so I had high expectations for it and Darynda Jones delivered. Everything and everyone in Del Sol was their perfectly quirky selves and throughout this series I have come to love every single one of them. There were a few characters that were more absent in this book than the previous installments which was a little disappointing but my main girl Sunshine got the ending I hoped for. I felt like there was a shift in the story that put a lot more focus on Sunshine’s daughter, Auri, so I’m almost wondering if Jones was making way for a new spin off series featuring her in the lead. Honestly I am SO game for that. I feel like there are so many more tales to tell for the citizens of Del Sol that I am absolutely dying for more! Any kind of spin off featuring these characters, even novellas, would be majorly appreciated by this reader. I very much loved this finale and am already wanting to go back in for a second read. This is a series I can see myself reading over and over again, especially considering I’ve already read the first book 3 times and the second book twice. My only complaint is that this is a trilogy and not a longer series.
I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Bout of Books 16 is starting on Monday! I am so excited! This is one of my favorite readathons to participate in. I’m not very good at sticking to TBRs but I put together two options for myself to make it a little easier. Actually I guess I’m technically giving myself three options which I will explain below.
Option 1 – New releases
I actually started The Raven King last night so it would be for me to finish it during the week if I don’t finish it this weekend. The order I would like to read these in is The Rose & the Dagger, A Court of Mist and Fury, then The Girl From Everywhere.
Option 2 – ARC Backlog
These I would read in the following order: Never Tear Us Apart, The Darkest Corners, Braving It, then The New Guy and Other Senior Year Distractions. I’m a little behind on my ARC reading so this week would provide a great opportunity for me to get caught up.
Option 3 – Mix and match of options 1&2
I really really really times a million want to read all of those new releases ASAP but I also want to get caught up on the ARCs. So I think this would be a great alternative TBR to do both at the same time. If that’s the case I definitely don’t anticipate getting to everything though.
I probably won’t decide for sure until Monday comes around.
- Finish at least 2 books.
- Spend as much time reading as possible. For me that means morning & afternoon commutes, lunch breaks, and evenings after dinner.
- Post an update everyday on my progress from the previous day.
- Participate in at least 4 of the 7 daily challenge giveaway.
I’m super excited for this readathon to get started! Are you participating in this round?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015.
I don’t always get the opportunity to read new releases because I can’t always afford to buy a book right away when it is released. I only recently started going back to my library within the last couple of months but they don’t always get the new releases I want to read. But these are the books I am really hoping I will be able to read this year but I won’t be too upset if I have to wait longer.
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray – I recently finished the first book of this series and really enjoyed it so I can’t wait to get back into this multi-dimensional universe!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas – I still haven’t read the 2nd or 3rd books in this series but I loved Throne of Glass so I know for sure I want to add this one to my collection.
- A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston – This cover is just gorgeous. I’ve requested it on NetGalley but still haven’t gotten a response so I think I’ll be waiting until it is released to read it.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – This one sounds amazing and the cover looks great!
- Named of the Dragon by Susanna Kearsley – I recently read my first Susanna Kearsley novel even though I’ve owned two for years and I really liked it so I want to add this to my list.
- Carry On By Rainbow Rowell – I think a lot of people are highly anticipating this book! I haven’t read Fangirl yet but it is on my summer TBR.
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee – A lot of controversy surrounding this book but I think it would be very hard not to want to read this book.
- Grey by E.L. James – I don’t care what anyone says about Fifty Shades of Grey… I really enjoyed it so I can’t wait to read Christian’s perspective.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I’ve seen a TON of buzz about this book from all of the lucky people who got to attend BEA so this one definitely made my list!
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu – Loved reading the first book in this series. I can’t wait to see what Lu has in store for Adelina and the rest of the Young Elites.
What 2015 releases are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?