Happy October! One of my favorite months of the year! Autumn is my absolute favorite season and I love choosing my reads to fit the mood of this time of year. I am really excited about the books I’ve chosen to read this month, especially after getting hardly any time to read during September. I am ready to go!
First off, I plan to read Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. It releases tomorrow! I am completely obsessed with the first book, Strange the Dreamer, so I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the sequel. The title does kind of fit the theme for the month, too. The rest of the books I have chosen for the month all fit perfectly into the Halloweenie theme. Ghosts, witches, vampires, etc.
There they are! And how cute are the Hocus Pocus Funkos?! I could not resist getting them! I watch Hocus Pocus annually around this time of year so I’m very excited to watch it, read it, and have these little guys. I LOVE that they even included Mary’s vacuum and Winifred’s classic mouth.
Have you read any of the books in my stack? What do you plan to read this month?
I am very excited about the selection of books I have put together for my Halloween themed TBR! I put together quite a few books to give me some options. I will probably be starting with Shutter so that I have plenty of time to read and review it for the blog tour that I’m on for it. After I finish that one, I’ll just see which of these I am more in the mood for. My plan is to read Slasher Girls & Monster Boys one story at a time in between the other books.
- Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux
- Nightfall by Jake Halpern & Peter Kujawinski
- The Merciless by Danielle Vega
- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
- The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz (arc)
- Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool
- The House by Christina Lauren
What books are you planning on reading this month?
October was a bit of a dud for reading. I was so excited for my Halloweeny TBR but then I ended up not being in the mood to read for much of the month. Perhaps I was a little too excited. I’ve already surpassed my goal for the year so I’m not too upset about it. There will be plenty of time for me to read in November now that I’m back in the mood.
# Books read in October: 6 (including 1 DNF and 3 audiobooks)
# Pages read in October: 842 (not including DNF)
# Books Read YTD: 125
# Pages Read YTD: 40,562
2015 TBR Pile Challenge: 7/12
2015 NetGalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 30/25 Silver Level Complete
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich (re-read)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook)
- Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
- Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook)
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King (DNF)
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook)
I’ve been in the process of listening to the first four books in the Outlander series as a refresher before I decide to read The Fiery Cross (book 5) in December. I have really enjoyed listening to them. The narrator, Davina Porter, is perfect. I’m more than halfway through with Drums In Autumn.
What books did you read in October? I hope you had a better reading month than I did!
Happy November and happy reading!
It’s October! You know what that means! It’s almost time for Halloween. To get in the mood, I have prepared my entire month of reading and watching movies around Halloweeny type things. I’ve tried to include a little bit of everything: witches, paranormal, vampires, zombies and slashers. Although I didn’t include any paranormal in my movie list, I have plenty for backup if I run out of movies to watch.
My TBW includes:
- Hocus Pocus (witches)
- The Craft (witches)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (slasher)
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (slasher)
- The Crazies (zombies)
- Scream 1-4 (slasher)
- World War Z (zombies)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (slasher)
UPDATE: Brandie reminded me that I completely forgot one of my all-time favorite movies! PRACTICAL MAGIC! I am officially adding it to my list of movies to watch!
My TBR includes:
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (witches)
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (zombies)
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King (vampires)
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich (paranormal)
The Witching Hour is over 1000 pages so I have only selected 4 books for my set TBR. And for backup books in case I finish all 4 books, I have selected a few alternates.
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (vampires and witches)
- Dracula by Bram Stoker (vampires)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (monsters)
And just in time, I got my awesome Halloween bookmark pre-orders from Happy Hello Art!
I am so excited to start off my October with some creepy reads! I am going to start with a re-read of The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich so I can finally read it through with the finalized pages.
HAPPY OCTOBER! Are you reading any creeptastic reads this month?