I’ve been tossing around the idea of putting myself under a book buying ban… But then Half Price Books decided to have a 20% off sale this weekend! I couldn’t resist! I found some great titles today and almost all in the clearance section! I usually start at the clearance rack first and then work my way to the other shelves. I started to grab book after book! I couldn’t believe my luck.
- Doohicky by Pete Hautman – I recently finished an ARC by Pete Hautman and loved it. I saw this one and grabbed it up quick. And it’s autographed! (see 2nd photo)
- Violin by Anne Rice – Another to add to my growing Anne Rice collection.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien – I’ve been looking for this one for quite some time and was excited to see this one in the clearance section! It has a cool foldout map in the back of the book (see 3rd photo)
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding – Read the first one, liked the movies.
- Sam’s Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson – I really liked Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas so I wanted to read this one as well.
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin – I thought the movie was kind of cute so I figured I might like the book for a quick read.
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro – I’ve always wanted to read this book so I was excited to find it in the clearance rack, even if it is the movie edition.
- The Hours by Michael Cunningham – I really like this movie so I wanted to read the book.
- Looking For Alaska by John Green – I’ve wanted to read another John Green novel after reading The Fault in Our Stars.
- The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant – An interesting sounding historical fiction… right up my alley!
- Giants in the Earth by O.E. Rolvaag – I read this book in college and loved it! I even gave a copy to my mother-in-law for Christmas this year but I misplaced my copy. And interestingly enough, Rolvaag lived in the town I live in and is buried here. His son was a Governor of Minnesota too! If you liked Little House on the Prairie, I would definitely recommend this book.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury – I really enjoyed reading this book in school and have been keeping my eye out for a copy. Finally found one!
And I even managed to snag two dvds from the clearance section.
- Son In Law – hilarious movie! I’ve seen this so many times but never get tired of it.
- The Bridges of Madison County – I really liked this book so I was excited to see this, brand new, still in the wrapper.
And last week after I got my car fixed I stopped at HPB on my way home and came home with a few.
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick – I’ve heard good things about this novel so I decided to get it.
- Tracks by Louise Erdrich – I read Love Medicine by her in college and enjoyed it. This one sounded really interesting.
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie – One of the titles I need to read for the Gilmore Girls Challenge.
- Rose Madder by Stephen King – I have yet to read a Stephen King novel and this one sounded interesting. It was only $1 so I couldn’t pass it up.
- World War Z by Max Brooks – Another one I couldn’t pass up for only $1.
- Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman – I love the TV show and have wanted to read this ever since Netflix released it. I scored this one for $2!
Then I got this boxed set on Amazon for $15.
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
So those are my Valentine’s Day gifts to myself! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!