Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet.
I’ve been blogging for almost two years now and sadly there are still many books on my shelves that I have not read since before then. They continue to sit on my shelves unread and it makes me a little sad but some of them are books I have to be in a certain mood for.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – This book has always fascinated me but I think the length is what has been keeping me from starting it.
- The Fallon Blood by Reagan O’Neal (aka Robert Jordan) – I love Robert Jordan’s series The Wheel of Time and this one has a more historical fiction aspect to it so I know I’ll probably like it too. Not sure why I’ve been waiting.
- Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman – I’ve had this on my TBR since January 2009 when I saw the movie based on the book – The Duchess starring Keira Knightley.
- The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir – I started this one years ago but never got around to finishing it. I’ll have to start from the beginning when I do end up picking it up again.
- Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham – As a huge Gilmore Girls fan, I’ve had this book on my TBR since it was published. I recently acquired it through Book Outlet but STILL haven’t gotten around to reading it.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) – Another one I’m not sure why I haven’t read it yet.
- Euphoria by Lily King – This one is admittedly a total cover buy and I’m not even quite sure what the book is about so it’s just been sitting on my shelf.
- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley – I adore the covers of her books but never actually read one until I started blogging and got an eARC of A Desperate Fortune. It was really good so I’m not sure why I haven’t tried any of her others yet.
- Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff – I love reading about Cleopatra so another head scratcher as to why it’s still sitting on my shelf unread.
- The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir – Another book in my big Tudors collection that continues to sit unread. I’m really interested by everything involving the Tudors so you would think that I’d jump at the chance to read all of these.
So those are ten of my unread books since before I started blogging. Have you read any of them? If you’re a blogger, what books would be on your list?