I was nominated by Becca and Books for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks a million Becca! If you haven’t seen her blog yet, what are you waiting for… go check her out!
Becca has asked me 11 questions and in returned I nominate some peeps and ask them 11 questions. So here we go!
1. What book do you recommend to the non-readers?
I don’t really have one book I use to recommend to non-readers. Usually, if I know the person pretty well, I will recommend a book I’ve read that I know corresponds with an interest of theirs.
2. Favorite ethnic food?
I love Chinese food. And I know that American Chinese is not the same as real Chinese. But I could eat it every day. I just love it so much.
3. Describe your dream reading room/nook/place.
Oh god. I do this all the time, especially after seeing all kinds of awesome reading spaces on Pinterest. It would definitely be a room with at least one wall of floor to ceiling bookshelves, complete with a comfy couch, big window with a great view.
4. How many books do you have?
I actually took an inventory of my books earlier this year but now for the life of me, I can’t remember what the final count was. Including children’s and coffee table books I think it was somewhere above 400.
5. You can only keep 3 of the books you own. Which do you choose?
Oh god… Only 3?!?!?! Yikes. Ok well first off I would need to go quick pick up one of those giant copies of Jane Austen that has all of the books in one lol. Just kidding. If I already owned that I would have to choose that but for the sake of the question I’ll go with Pride & Prejudice. Then Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
6. What would the Sorting hat choose for you?
I’ve always felt that I have pretty similar traits with Gryffindor but last week I finally joined Pottermore and I was sorted into Ravenclaw.
7. What’s the best beverage and snack to drink and eat while reading.
I usually don’t eat when I’m reading, unless it’s something like M&Ms. Otherwise I just love having some sparkling water when I’m reading.
8. Hobbies beside blogging and reading?
I love hiking, photography, live music, and movies.
9. Attach your favorite bookish decor item.
I don’t really have much in terms of bookish decor but in the future I would love to have some wall art of some of my favorite books. I’ve been obsessed with looking at things like that on Etsy lately.
10. If you could have a bookish superpower, what would you want it to be?
I wish I could take a book, open the page and be transported into the world of that particular book. I want to see everything happen right in front of me. That would be awesome.
11. What’s your 2015 Reading Challenge and how much of it have you completed?
My reading challenge was originally set to 75 books but I’m well past that now so I upped it to 110 which is one more than I read last year. I’m currently reading my 88th book.
And now for my questions:
- Do you have a specific way you arrange your bookshelves?
- If you were trapped on a desert island with a book character, who would you choose and why?
- What is your most anticipated book release this coming fall?
- What is your preferred book format?
- If you could meet any living author, who would it be?
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Choose one: Vampires or Werewolves
- What is your favorite genre?
Ashley @ Dear World…
Brandie @ Brandie is a Book Junkie
Yvo @ It’s All About Books
Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
Shelbie @ Lulu’s Rants and Reads
Stefani @ Caught Read Handed